Troop 21, located in Edmond, Oklahoma is one of the largest and most active troops in the Eagle District in Last Frontier Council. Our troop is comprised of scouts that come from all over the Edmond and Northwest Oklahoma City area. We are sponsored by St. John the Baptist Church of Edmond, and have more than 75 registered scouts and over 80 registered adults.
We are a high adventure troop. That means we look for new and exciting activities like rock climbing in the Wichita Mountains, rafting the Buffalo River in Arkansas, hiking along the backpacking trails around the state or caving at Alabaster Caverns just to mention a few. These are the kinds of outings we go on every month during the school year.
During the summer break, we offer many different opportunities with varying skill and experience levels required. Over the past few years, we have sent treks to Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, and Minnesota. The Canadian/US boundary waters in Minnesota and we have even more adventures planned for the future!! This past summer, we had treks to Philmont as well as our standard Camp Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch in Colorado and Slippery Falls Scout Ranch.
If these activities sound interesting to you, then Troop 21 is the place for you. No other troop offers the type or diversity of activities and outings like we do. Come join the adventure!
Our goal is to have fun and become men of character.
- Climbed 14,000 foot mountain peaks and survey the world below!
- Snorkeled with sharks, barracuda and moray eels in the Florida Keys!
- Slithered deep underground through small passages in black caves with awesome rock formations!
- Sailed with porpoises riding the bow waves!
- Slept on boat decks and in the wilderness under the skies so full of stars it seems like daylight!
- Seen shooting stars and satelites criss crossing the sky. back packed in heat, in cold, in snow, in rain and all sorts of precipitation we cannot describe!
- Viewed five states at once!
- Seen wildlife and sights that few men of this generation will ever have the privilege of viewing!
We have a strong, active troop, with motivated scout leaders that carry forth the heart and soul of the scouting movement. For more than 20 years the Scouts of Troop 21 have been living an adventure seldom experienced by suburban youth.
We are a little different, and we are proud of it!